Thursday, July 28, 2011

150th Post...

I can't believe it's my 150th post on my humble little blog...hehe to think of all that procrastinating whether to set one up or not!!! I'm so thankful I did...it's opened up some lovely opportunities in the sharing of my work & I truely treasure the wonderful comments I receive from a very encouraging bunch of talented scrappers!!! I'm sure I'm not alone in being my own worst critic (hehe...it's seems an endless work in progress here), so it is brilliant to have that outside reassurance. Though the only critics that truely matter to me are my children...ultimately it is their stories that I'm trying to preserve for them & their children. Haha & we are talking waaaay down in the future, hehe I'm not ready to be a grandmother just yet!!! ;) Anyway...I just wanted to say a HUGE THANK YOU to all that read & support me with my blog, it's greatly appreciated! :) Mwah!!!

Back to scrapping...with my CT work behind me, I've managed to scrap a little for myself :) I really wanted to have a play with my new Crafters Workshop template & these Pink Paislee papers I've had for a while...I was also totally inspired after taking these shots of my gorgeous girl. I loved these pics, sadly you can't see it here, but I've managed to capture the brilliant blue of her eyes...hehe love it!!!


Here's a close up of the dimension that I wanted to create. Haha I've been collecting cardboard out of everything lately ;) this was something that struck me when I was @ the Brisbane Expo & saw the entries for the 'Express Yourself' comp., the layering & dimension on the layouts. I'm a huge fan of Kerryn & she has an incredible knack of doing this, just wish I was able to replicate it! ;)

If you haven't already joined in Scrap the Girls & White with 1 this month, there is still a few days left before the new month & new challenges :)

Thanks for stopping by & as I've said before...a huge thank you for all your lovely comments, they do bring a smile to my face! :) x

Happy Scrapping!

9 comments:

  1. OH how adorable Paula, that misting and that smattering of flowers, just divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, beautiful layout Paula, love that template, Crafters workshop have so many gorgeous ones hey? lovely colours! cheers, Leonie. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh schucks Paula, I don't know what to say. Thankyou :).

    But I don't think you need to change a thing. What you're doing is fabulous. LOVE the misted background, love your flower placement and of course that beautiful photo.

    Have a great day :).
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you girls for your beautiful comments :) this post has become quite emotional for me...
    After bragging about my girls gorgeous eyes yesterday morning, by afternoon I had the 'emergency call' from her school & was seeking medical treatment for those eyes...thankfully all is ok & no damage! Hehe other than one freaked out mother who feels like she has jinxed her DD!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. ADORE your beautiful LO Paula.. your misted and masked background looks gorgeous and I just love the depth you have created here and your daughter does have the most beautiful blue eyes.. so glad everything is OK! Have a fab weekend :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree she is gorgeous .. looks like your daughter is as gorgeous on the inside too ..
    love this page Paula .. stunning .. hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the comments on my blog Paula - they are greatly appreciated...and yes it's good to be scrapping again!!

    Think your tips worked, seems I can comment again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful Paula!! The CW template are so yummy and really make some gorgeous backgrounds hey! Congrats on the 150th post!! Love visiting here for inspiration :))xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! So glad that everything turned out to be okay - but what a shock hey. BTW - I hope you are able to join in with us this month at Stuff 2 Scrap! It's my turn to do a challenge! :D

    ReplyDelete