Tuesday, August 2, 2011

WW1 & STG...

A new month & new fabulous challenges for you...

White with 1 challenge this month is WHITE + PURPLE + DOODLING!
This is my take on the challenge...I certainly had fun with it, making the most of my newly acquired 'posca' pens. I've glimmer misted a random shape & doodled with the pens around it.


You can view the other gorgeous creations by the creative team here.

Over at Scrap the Girls this month, our inspiration comes from a quote:

"Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it" - Harold Hulbert

Originally I had no idea what I was going to do with this quote, but my eldest reminded me of the time her sister ripped up the pinata that she had 'rescued' at her party! These photos are classic of my youngest daughter & we've been having a giggle over them...though, all these years later, I still don't think her sister has forgiven her!!!



Here's a close up of the lemon & lime bags that I used trying to replicate the shredded pinata ;) These photo's weren't the best, so I reduced the size of them & converted one to blk & white...the expression on her face is priceless ;)



You can view the rest of the creative teams brilliant layouts here.


Thanks for stopping by & a huge thank you for all your lovely comments...they do mean so much to me! :)

I'm 'retreating' at the end of the week, so hopefully I'll have loads to share next week...fingers crossed. Have a great week x


Happy Scrapping!!!

10 comments:

  1. Loving both your LO's Paula.. your purple LO for WW1 is so cool and funky and I love the colours and textures in your STG LO.. awesome work!! Have a fab week :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW the purple and white is so striking. I am not a purple person and find it really hard to scrap with that colour too but you've nailed it. Love browsing through all your other gorgeous work too, you have a real talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work Paula and I love what you did with the lemon and lime bags. I have so many in my stash now and I have not yet used them so thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layouts Paula, love the colours in your STG layout. Very fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are so brave with tour doodling, I am way too scared to do that, love the misting as always in your second!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both these layouts are fantastic Paula! Love the lemon and lime bags. Great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both these layouts are fantastic Paula! Love the lemon and lime bags. Great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful Paula ...I adore the way you have made the WW1 pop with that purple, and the use of B&W combined with colour pics is awesome, love that look .. two fabulous LO's !!!!! great work

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous pages Paula!! Awesome work with the purple :).

    ReplyDelete
  10. just very wonderful job love it your style great idea!!!

    xx carla

    ReplyDelete