Friday, May 17, 2013

Mid Month reveals are up!

The mid month reveals are up at both KIU & 123 Challenge, so pop over to both to see more of the girls gorgeous creations!

This means I can now share my layout for the 'vintage' challenge over at KIU. This was so out of my comfort zone, but I loved creating it! This is a photo of my dear Grandma on her wedding day...well, the day after, that's apparently what they did back then. I had saved this & few more photos from the bin as she didn't think anyone would be interested. She also wasn't overly happy with them because her bouquet had withered, being the day after & there was no photos with the groom??!!, but I still love them!


Thanks for stopping by...as always, a huge thank you for all your lovely comments! I really do appreciate each & every one of them, especially the time you take to leave me one x
Happy scrapping!

7 comments:

  1. That looks gorgeous. I enjoyed reading the little story behind that photo of your grandma.

    PS: I'm hosting an Antipodes giveaway and hoep you will enter: http://www.underlockandkeyblog.com/2013/05/antipodes-apostle-skin-brightening-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning Paula! What an amazing story too. I didn't realise wedding pics were taken the day after - and she was going to throw them out! Shock, horror, gasp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this looks absolutely amazing.. what a precious photo... so glad you saved it.. Love the vintage bride beside the photo...

    ReplyDelete
  4. GOOD ON YOU, stepping outta your comfort zone...even if you were more or less forced to! Can't believe your Grandma almost BINNED these...lucky you were able to rescue them...LOVE that bg paper against the photo - it goes sooo beautifully with the lace:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love love love love .... sensational art x

    ReplyDelete