Saturday, October 6, 2012

Holiday scrapping...

Can you believe it's October??? Haha I know I say this each & every month, but seriously....!!! In a blink, it will be November...& then arrrgh, December! LOL!
I didn't manage the amount of scrapping I would have liked over the holidays...haha I never seem to have time for the 'ideal' amount of scrapping I'd like, but am very grateful for the time I had to do these...
A beautiful & generous friend gave me this 'Save the Date' Kaisercraft pack...lovely papers & embellishments to play with! I had a lot of fun creating this.


This same friend let me borrow her Crafters template & while playing I thought I would select 'key' words to use with texture paste. I kept the layout fairly simple so I didn't lose the focus on those words.
 

Again, I kept this layout simple as the group photo already makes it rather busy...I used the gorgeous 'Dylusions' ink spray, well the left over spray as a stamp!
 
 
September marked 20 years since I lost my dad to cancer...I've been thinking of him a lot lately, so felt the need to scrap a layout. I had this photo printed as I had shown it to my brother, who's about the same age as dad is here...they are freakishly alike in so many ways!


I've had this photo for a while...loved the effect created in a photo editing program & have been mulling over what to do with it. When I saw Natalie's beautiful layout here...an idea began to form. I was initially going to use glimmermist, but ended up using 'Distress Stains' hehe a bit more control & the colours matched perfectly ;)


Thanks for stopping by! As always, a huge thank you for all the lovely comments...they really do make my day, I appreciate each & every one of them x
Happy scrapping!

6 comments:

  1. wow! I love all of these! the last one would have to be my new favourite
    D xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! These are all fantastic Paula! Love your stensil work. The last layout is just so striking. (I bet it won't be there for long before it's 'Out for Publication'). xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow gorgeous layouts Paula! The last 2 are my favourites. Sensational! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI.. These look wonderful, I especially love the last layout... fantastic photo editing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome layouts Paula.
    Love how you picked out particular words in the 'you 2' layout!
    i'm a sucker for rainbows so I just adore the 'retreat' and 'she' layouts. Love the stamping with the Dylusions.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Paula, these are just fabulous! So creative!! Especially love the last two.x

    ReplyDelete