Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Scrap the Boys!

Here is my layout for this months Scrap the Boys challenge, where the criteria was recycling...to include some 'boy related' packaging, etc. I used a clothing tag from a recent shirt purchase, which is simply 'fitting' on a boy layout! ;)

I also included a 'Uno' card & playing card, which also worked rather well with the colour scheme & as my son is 8 here ;) Misting again, with a very neglected Tim Holtz barbwire mask, & then I cut part of it to slip the photo underneath.


Loving this wet weather...perfect excuse to stay in & scrap, while the kids 'veg out' while watching TV & playing computer games. The biggest mistake I made was reorganising my scrap space...haha after creating a bigger mess, I discovered a really embarrassing amount of alphas & a whole host of things I'd forgotten about!!! ;)

Thanks for stopping by...as always, a huge thank you for all your lovely comments :) they really do bring a smile to my face...I appreciate them all x

Happy scrapping!

12 comments:

  1. Amazing!! Love the stricking red chevron and the journalling around the border is soo cool! :)x

    ReplyDelete
  2. how cool does that chevron misting look!!!!!!!!!!!!1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab boy page and just love black red and white together. Fabulous elements and gorgeous pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, the black & red against Kraft are stunning...I LOVE that chevron-ish stripe up the page....gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome boy page, love the color combo you used

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic recycling! I think I might pull out the stapler again, they really add to the 'grunge-iness' and scream BOY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow Paula how clever are you!! this looks amazing, you do boy layouts so well!! thanks for stopping by my blog too, it put a smile on my face :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an awesome page Paula :) Loving the bold red chevron going down the page and fantastic use of the recycled items. Thanks for playing along at STB!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Paula, your page ROCKS!! Love the misting and all the other background elements. Every color you used really makes the photo pop. Thanks for playing along with Scrap the Boys!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW Amazing boy LO Paula.. love the bold colour scheme, one of my favs and I just adore your use of CW stencils!! Checked out some of your previous posts.. gorgeous work and again fantastic backgrounds with all the yummy masks!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great boy page, love that red chevron and black misting over the barbed wire!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The misting looks awesome!!! I think I have one of those sadly neglected barbed wire masks too LOL. Awesome page Paula!!!

    ReplyDelete