Sunday, September 11, 2011

Passion 4 Fashion 2011

It's been a while since I've done any challenges around the place & what better way to dive back in, than with the Passion 4 Fashion comp. over @ Scrapboutique.

Week # 1 is Haute Couture - 'high fashion', which to me is expensive, elegant, with clean lines & this photo of my parents on their wedding day symbolises all that for me. I've been pondering on this all week, but only got the chance to sit down yesterday...but do you think I could get what was in my head converted onto paper!!! No! Haha to be honest, this drove me nuts!, but I did finally get there & I'm pleased with it. You can't see in the photos, but the red is a velour patterned paper, which gives it a 'rich' look & texture.


Here's a closed up of the chipboard frame which I roughly heat embossed with silver.


Now to tidy up my huge mess, hehe there is a lot of discarded papers & embellishments...everywhere!

Thanks for stopping by & a huge thank you for your lovely comments :) I really do appreciate all of them! x

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Paula! Love your page...it's very elegant with this colour combo and such a gorgeous photo too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous and elegant layout Paula! Love the pic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful and elegant page Paula.. love the colours and what a fab photo!! :))

    ReplyDelete