Sunday, September 2, 2012

September already...

...& spring has sprung! I'm so looking forward to enjoying some warmer weather & being free from the cold & flu season.
I have been very quiet lately, but I'm pleased to say that I have been scrapping! :) I ended up entering the Scrapbooking Memories Masters Competition! In all honesty, I had given up hope after being endlessly plaqued with illness, but a gorgeous & supportive friend gave me a 'nudge'! LOL after removing her boot from my butt ;) I scrambled to get myself into gear. I think the lack of time ended up on my side, haha I didn't have time to over think things. I'm so thankful I entered, I know I would have been disappointed if I hadn't again. Whatever the outcome...I am happy! Good luck to all who entered this year!
Now onto scrapping that I can share...last weekend I had the fun of retreat, this is some of what I did...


This next layout started after reading the fabulous article from Marelize in SBM Vol 14 # 8,  on creating your own doily using a corner punch...simply brilliant, I just had to give it a try! The title of this layout comes from the fact that my girl is a mad, obsessed 'One Direction' fan & this song plays constantly in our house!
  
 
'Messy Delight' is an old Scrap The Boys challenge a few months ago on using a messy photo & using it as inspiration.


Thanks for stopping by...as always, a huge, huge thank you for all your lovely comments :) they do mean so much to me x
Happy scrapping!

6 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Well done for entering the Masters Comp Paula! I can't wait to see your creations. Fingers crossed for you. xx
    I love your layouts and I'm really pleased that you could use my punch idea for the doily. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you entered the Masters...fingers crossed for you:):):) LOVE the circle punched LO....gorgeous:):):) Great idea, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol glad you got your entry together. Good luck!

    Loving the layouts Paula, especially the second one. Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Paula,
    Good luck in the comp. :)
    These are all wonderful, really love the middle one. Beautiful colours with the green, white and black.
    Cheers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. woohoo Iam so excited to hear yo entered masters...my fingers are crossed fo r you Paula!love these layouts but my fav i sthat middle one with the doily , totally beautiful...!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good on you for entering the masters! Love the layouts - just beautiful. One Direction mad in this house too :)

    ReplyDelete