Thursday, July 19, 2012

Weeks are flying past...

...& I'm trying very hard to press 'pause'!!!
I'm hoping you have all avoided this flu bug going around...sadly I haven't & have lost precious school holiday time :(
I'm also having 'blog withdrawals', will get back into it soon, but to start me off...

This layout I created a few weeks ago, playing with the paints, crafters template & washi tape...kept it fairly simple. Can't believe this is my eldest girl...only seems like yesterday.


This was a oversized card for the kids from the school performance to sign for their teacher. She had been so busy with their performance stuff that she didn't have a baby shower, so the kids threw one for her.

This is the tag my daughter put on her gift...playing with a few Tim Holtz techniques ;)


This layout has been a labour of love that I've been working on during the holidays. It's taking a while to do (sickness hasn't helped), but I'm loving it...a huge thank you to Kim Jeffress for inspiring me & giving me a new addiction! ;) While at the Brisbane Expo, I was lucky enough to 'handle' Kim's beautiful work...seriously, the internet does not do it justice. This was when I first saw the Heidi Swapp Memory Files & I simply adored what Kim had done with them! Essentially it's brought my old style of scrapping (loads of photos) together with my new more aesthetic style of single photo layouts. I will show you inside when it's fully completed.


The title of this layout came from the school performance my daughter was in...one of the songs was 'just a housewife' & just the way they portrayed it got me thinking. I personally LOVE being a stay at home mum! Before I know it, the kids will be grown & out of the house...so I am making the most of it! Many wouldn't agree, but I believe I'm totally blessed!

Thanks for stopping by...as always, a huge thank you for all your lovely comments! They really do mean so much to me :) x
Happy scrapping!

10 comments:

  1. Wow love all of these, Paula!

    The top one is so eye catching...the different colours used with the CW template really pop & they match so well with your photos.

    I love the one with the pic of you too...great colours & layering :)

    I think you are totally blessed too, being able to be a SAHM! Best investment you can make for your kids. I was a SAHM up until my kids left school, and believe it was the best thing for them & our family. Like you said...make the most of it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you've done...kids grow too fast & same as L I LOVED & felt v blessed that I could stay home with my kids too. Best thing going!!! LOVE your bg on the 1st LO .... Those hearts are awesome on the tag & can't wait to see your finished book!!!! Glad you sound as if you're on the mend, too:):):). Oh, & it must've been amazing seeing Kim's work. I love it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All in all, fabulous. You have created such different pages, tag and card. So much goodness to see and the Tim Holtz technique looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that first layout- I love that stencil pattern and you made it look so fresh with the rainbow colors! Really lovely layering on the tags and your second scrap page- I really like how you use stamps in you work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layouts and cards. I really love the masking in the first one, perfect! Your SAHM page is gorgeous too.
    Fiona
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! I agree, the weeks are flying by.. too fast.. and yes I am a SAHM and I am blessed to be it as well... your layouts are lovely, and the card is fabulous!! your housewife layout looks really good, and yes I got to see Kim's work at the show as well, and I have a fresh appreciation for her as well.... photos do not do anyones layouts justice...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome layouts Paula.
    I love how you used the Cw template in the first one, to tie in with the blocks in the photo.
    And I love that tag!
    We too got struck down with the awful flu. I hope you are all recovered now!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Paula that file folder is just exquiste I am sooo excited about them as well....the soft muted tones are just beautiful I so can't wait to see it completed, thankyou so much for sharing with me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all fabulous Paula! Especially love your template work on the first one, those primary colours look fantastic with the photos and the one of you is just gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your work is so gorgeous Paula! Love the how you've used the different colours with the CW template in the first one. Stunning layout of you (inspired by Kim). Love it. xx

    ReplyDelete