Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I've been scrapping :)

First up is this months KIU challenge, using the quote 'there is no greater gift than today' in your title or jounaling! I used the very gorgeous Pink Paislee 'Queen Bee' range for this layout. Also making great use of my Heidi Swapp 'today' stamp at the moment, which I stamped in ink before embossing.


Also did some dry embossing on the flower & diecut under the title to add some texture.

This layout I completed & showed off last week, has been waiting to be put away, but there was something not quite right about it...so I added a layer of red tulle to the flower.


I think it balances the layout much better than before :)


Also made a 50th birthday card for a friend, which was a huge hit...mainly because of the 'silly' photos hidden inside ;)


Thanks for stopping by & huge thanks for all your lovely comments...I really do appreciate them x
Happy scrapping!!!


10 comments:

  1. wow gorgeous work... love the use of the tulle and the HS stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally adore your LO's Paula!!! Love the PP diecut and the way you have done the stamp...very inspirational! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous page and card and I reckon you were on the money with that extra bit of tulle!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work, Paula! And I was going to say that layout looked familiar, then I read your write-up. Awesome! I love the way you did your title on the first one as well! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Wow. I just love it all. First up, the KIU just love the papers, the design is awesome and draws you straight into that unreal pic. Love it. The Today LO looks fab. Love what you did with the flower and I love the row of b&w pics going into the colored one. Great idea. Card looks great and love the idea of using the "@".

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous !!!!! love them all
    beautiful work here Paula .... love the red, black and white one ..all are awesome !!! hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog Paula really appreciate it! Absolutely love your KIU LO .. gorgeous! and the black and red flower is very clever!
    Congrats on your LO in the current SBM great LO!! W :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow that embossing looks fabbo, I so gotta try that technique, I love the mix of grunge and girly on it too, and that card is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW Paula both such beautiful LO's and a gorgeous card!! The flower on your today lo is fantastic!! Thanks so much for joining in at KIU :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love what you have done with the Queen Bee papers....so beautiful! The red tulle added to the flower looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete