Saturday, May 2, 2015

Dylusions Paint...yum!

Hello again...I was asked by the lovely Michelle Thomas of Scrapbook Divas to have a play with Dylusions paint, lucky me! These paints were created especially for Dyan Reaveley & since she is the queen of art journaling, this is where I started. This paint is thinner than usual paint, making it great for layering, so I stuck down some book paper before painting with 'squeezed orange' using a foam brush. It spread very easily & quickly without using a huge amount of paint.


Then with various stencils & different colours, I simply layered them. The paint dried super quick, which is brilliant, no need for a heat gun! It also didn't buckle the paper, or bleed into the next page (even down the spine)...again, brilliant for art journaling.

For my next journal page, I applied various colours of the paint with a brayer...again, drying very quickly. After using texture paste with my Prima 'Sharon' stencil, I used 'bubblegum pink' on the butterflies & partially wiped if off to still show the stencilling.


Next I thought I would try it on a couple of layouts.


I used a brayer & stamps to add colour on this layout above. Also using the paint to colour the alphas.


I love the vibrancy of these paints, especially on the black background. For this layout I applied the paint with a palette knife, which did take some drying time as I applied it quite thick. Even though I applied it thicker, it still didn't buckle or warp the paper.


I loved this paint & will certainly be adding more to my collection :) Pop over to the Scrapbook Divas shop to check them out.
Thanks for stopping by...as always, a huge thank you for your lovely comments. I do appreciate the time you take to leave me one x
Happy scrapping!

8 comments:

  1. These are fabulous......I love the vibrancy of the paints & it was really interesting hearing your take on them:) I love my sprays...so was looking at these - TFS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness the colors are amazing, so vibrant and pure.. Love the art journal pages, and stunning backgrounds for your layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! Amazing work Paula! I adore those paints, they are so vibrant and rich! Thank you for all the helpful information about how they go on different backgrounds and the different methods application. Fabulous to know they dont cause warping (one of my pet hates about my sprays - warping doesnt bode well with my OCD! LOL) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, love everything you have created!! It sounds like a perfect product. I love the way you layered the paint!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man - these are awesome and the paints look really vibrant! Congrats on such an awesome opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colours are fabulous......I hate warping, so they would be perfect for me! Great projects...love the layout backgrounds!
    ps. so nice of you to visit me :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dylusions paint? Wow! These look amazing! Thanks for all the brilliant ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dylusions paint? Wow! These look amazing! Thanks for all the brilliant ideas!

    ReplyDelete