Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Lou Inspired!

As I have previously said...I was lucky enough to do Louise's amazing class while @ the Brisbane Expo! I loved her class...she is so inspirational, you walked away feeling so creative & simply busting to having a further play! My only beef is she makes things look so incredibly easy...& they are not ;) haha you should have heard the cursing & carrying on while creating my wire frame! I did manage it, though no close-ups & I cheated on the next one!
This was my layout from the class...


I wasn't completely happy with my butterfly placement or amount (lack of) gesso used, so couldn't wait to have a play again, once home.
This is what I did, it's a very personal layout for me, photo taken by the lovely Lou herself. This layout will hang somewhere for me to view each day!


You may ask why would I do such a personal layout using someone else's signature style???...it's because of the message behind it! This lady is an inspiration to me on so many levels...& she simply makes me smile! I admire her strength & sheer determination to never ever give up...& that's a daily reminder that I want & need right now! Thank you my gorgeous friend!

10 comments:

  1. oh wow Paula! they are both amazing! she certainly is a very inspirational teacher.
    D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is an amazing teacher for you to be able to learn her technique and produce this work

    ReplyDelete
  3. These two layouts are stunning.. love the distinctive style of Lou..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Paula these are Amazing.
    Well done to you and I can totally see why you would do a 'Lou' style for your Layout.
    She is such an inspiring lady, I hope I get the chance to do one of her classes someday.
    Cheers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. SIGH>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>..this is stunning Paula!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go girl! It's great that someone can inspire you in this way & great that you have been able to achieve such a wonderful result...it's funny how work 'becomes your own' -even if you have a guide to start with:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love love. These are just fabulous Paula. I just love that photo of you and the orange is divine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pages are both so COOL!! Love that technique :)
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Paula...these are both divine!!!
    Stunning work :)

    ReplyDelete