Thursday, June 14, 2012

Scrapbook & Papercraft Expo!

Wow, what can I say...I had an absolutely brilliant weekend!!! Haha...an added bonus, it was so much warmer than it is here & a whole lot less rain! ;)
My huge excitement from the weekend was being part of the top 20 in the Black & White Plus One competition. It was truely amazing to see my layout up there on the wall with all those gorgeous creations. I feel honoured to be among them!



I was also lucky enough to meet some of my idols & wonderful blog supporters...it was so very cool to discover they are just as lovely in real life as they are online! :)
I did two classes, one with my super gorgeous & talented friend, Louise & the other with the amazing Julie Winks ... I'm yet to finish these layouts, but will post as soon as I have, they were both amazing classes. Whilst we are talking about amazing...the very amazing Tim Holtz was there doing free demos!!! He was a joy to watch! :) I'm just a tad excited to be doing a class with him on sunday :) :) :)
Thank you for stopping by...as always, a huge thank you for your lovely comments, they really do mean the world to me! x
Happy scrapping!

15 comments:

  1. Paula this is just stunning. The yellow looks awesome and such a beautiful photo.
    Did you hear who won the competition at all??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had the time of your life....sounds ab fab....like this LO...how exciting to have it up there & deservedly so...LOVE what you've done with the hexagons...cutting out & popping up & Showing the paper underneath....inspired idea:):):):) Can't wait to see the others when you finish them:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning layout Paula, fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so lovely to meet you at the Expo Paula :). Louise is totally inspiring isn't she? I didn't do her class but I attended her talks a couple of times. AMAZING! I'm almost finished my layout from Julie's class. She's a wee bit clever too.

    Your layout is just gorgeous! It is fabulous to be able to see these layouts IRL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Paula! LOOOOVE your page! Love the yellow :) Glad you had a fab time away, wish I could have been there and met you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous LO Paula... adore the yellow.. looks amazing IRL!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning layout Paula. That yellow looks fantastic.
    I'm super jealous of the classes you took with Julie and Louise.
    Can't wait to see the layouts you made at their classes x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can see why you were chosen to be in the Top 20 Paula... your layout is amazing! It's great to hear you had a wonderful weekend. Looking forward to see your class layouts and YAY! for doing a class with Tim Holtz.
    Have a great week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was soooo lovely to meet you IRL,I too am looking forward to seeing how your class layouts turned out!!! and HUGE congrats on that stunning layout is was beautiful IRL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved your top 20, B&W+1 entry Paula and it sure was a bit of a head spin seeing our layouts up there with such creativeness. It was lovely seeing you in Julie's class, as well!
    I had such a fab weekend and lucky you doing Tim's class I bet it was amazing....(jealous much!!!)
    Hope you have a great weekend
    Cheers Kim

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can see why you made the top 20, Paula.....this is utterly gorgeous!!! Just love the yellow with the black & white...it is one of my fav colour combos :)

    so glad to hear that you had a fantastic weekend...lucky duck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow this is gorgeous, Paula! I love it! Sounds like you had a blast! I should put my layout which was on display on my blog too - did you recognise mine? ;)
    BTW - thanks for your lovely comment on my blog
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh this is so beautiful Paula!
    The Yellow is gorgeous, gotta love the brights. :)
    Sounds like you had a great Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a gorgeous, gorgeous layout Paula. Glad to hear you had a great time. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete