Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The October challenge over @ Scrap the Girls is to create a layout with the word 'love' in the title & to use distressing on your layout! This challenge was set by Marelize...to see her gorgeous creation & the other CT layouts, visit here.

I had received this very gorgeous Echo Park Paper pack from a special & generous friend, & couldn't wait to play with it :) Thank you my dear friend!
My bit of 'distressing' is the black paint in the background...I admire Crystal's use of black paint on her layouts & wanted to give it a go...especially as I had the paint out after completing my WW1 challenge.

& whilst the paint was still out...this time using the template again ;) hehe I'm already totally in love this this one & can see it featuring in my layouts over & over again!


This next layout is for Scrapboutique's Passion 4 Fashion wk 4 - Western (country). This layout came together surprisingly quickly for me. Again using another Crafters template, though I wished I'd use some texture paint rather than simply inking...next time ;)



I added the button hole section of an old pair of kids jeans, adding the extra large brads as buttons.



Thanks for stopping by...& a huge thank you for your lovely comments! I really do appreciate each & every one of them x


Happy scrapping!

8 comments:

  1. You have been busy Paula... and I love them all ! I can see why you love that Crafters Workshop template too - very versatile and looks amazing !
    Keep up the beautiful work my friend ! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are all so lovely! well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pages Paula and you have put together a great assortment of colors and patterns. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab Pages Paula. Love the template work, the colours in your 'country'
    LO look excellent! What a cool idea with the jeans button holes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh these are fabulous! LOVE the colours of the first one. Love the templates you are using too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. totally fab Paula, I so adore that black template technique it just adds so much to your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the black paint you have used with the template Paula, very striking!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've been busy.. LOVE all of your fabulous creations!! Your masking and paint work look fantastic!! Have a fab week :))

    ReplyDelete