Sunday, May 30, 2010

End of month scrapping.

I know I say it every month, but the days & weeks are simply flying past! I haven't crossed off as many challenges as I would have liked for this month, fingers crossed I get off to a better start this coming month.
"She is..." layout is for Scrap the Girls colour challenge of blue, yellow, white & pink. Even with a hint of yellow, I still really struggled with it! ;)


"He is...my hero, my dad" layout was for the final week of the Scrapboutique Postcards comp. This week we were visiting Greenland...I took inspiration from the endless snow with just a hint of colour to create my waves. I kept it very clean & simple to represent my dad & his years of sailing with stitching & tissue paper for the sails & string for the ropes.

It's rather sad that the competition is over, I've really enjoyed the last 6 weeks of challenges. The talent of the girls who participated is awesome!!! Hehe, I've got no chance of winning, but I've certainly had fun!
"Fond memories" is simply scrapping some childhood memories. Also been wanting to scrap with these October Afternoon papers...strangely enough, didn't struggle at all with this yellow???


Happy scrapping!
Hoping everyone is managing to stay warm & dry in this weather.

7 comments:

  1. I ADORE your Postcards layout for this week Paula. I love that it reflects your fathers passion for sailing. The white with the splash of colour is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you - the days are flying by WAY too quickly! (I didn't get through as many challs as I planned this month either.) I really love the LO you did of your dad - it looks sensational! I love how much thought has gone into it and how the different elements you have used represent different aspects of sailing - brilliant! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your dad LO too Paula, beautifully done!! ANd yes Im with you, where has the year gone???

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME - love the layout on your DAD Paula....freaking amazing.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Paula thanks so much for the lovwly comments on my layouts.I really hope you get time to come and play on both scrap the girls and 123 challenge blog.I love creating for both.It gives me something to strive for each month.Happy scrapping take care Kerry xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your LOs Paula & I'm so glad you enjoyed the Postcards Competition at the Boutique!!!! Your entries were great :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am loving all your postcard Lo's Paula, they are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete