Thursday, January 2, 2014

January Challenges!

Happy 2014! I hope you've all had a wonderful Christmas with your families & start to the New Year!!!

Hopefully you've got some scrapping time set aside to join in these 3 challenges ;)

I love the sketches over @ PageMaps, so I had a lot of fun with this months challenge over @ KIU which is a sketch challenge on kraft, with summer themed photos, washi tape & a number.


I love this very old Basic Grey paper & it suited my photos & the theme perfectly! I also had some thread lying around so grabbed it for my layout...this technique seems to be popping up everywhere! I love how the very talented Lou uses it, but sorry, I didn't take the meticulous care that she does ;)
Check out the gorgeous inspiration from the other DT here...truly amazing!

Next challenge is from 123 Challenge Blog...I had a lot of fun with this one using some new Kaszazz stamps.


This is what I created using the colour orange, word 'live' & feathers...


Bit of inspiration credit here from Sanna Lippert & her recent video over at ScrapFriends...I so love her videos, the only trick is I want to go shopping afterwards ;) I would really love that Tim Holtz mask now LOL.

The 3rd challenge I encourage you to give a go is...Show Us Your Stuff :) I'm very excited & honoured to say I've joined the team over there...yay! I have to confess when I realised I had to create my own embellishment, I did panic momentarily, but I had a lot of fun & rather pleased with what I created.

The challenge is to take inspiration from this mood board...too easy!, & of course, something handmade.


This is my take on the challenge, which I have to confess is slightly altered to the one on the blog. You know those times when a layout is sitting on your desk & you can't help but add a bit more ;)


& a close up of my heart...


Check out the fabulous creations from the other DT here!

Thank you for stopping by...as always, a huge thank you for all your lovely comments! They really do mean so much to me :)
Happy New Year & happy scrapping!

5 comments:

  1. My golly gosh! You have been a busy, busy bee..these are all wonderful...I think my fave is the middle one...those colours are just sooo delicious....& your heart is ♥ly!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are amazing, each one beautifully created.. I love your take on the 123 challenge and the 3rd one is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful inspiring pages, Paula - I especially love your backgrounds and all the interesting details you put in, so cool! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such fun, cool and fabulous layouts! Love your little adorned heart and those feathers.... x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous pages Paula. Loving the feathers and your journalling and background for SUYS x

    ReplyDelete