Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Retreat scrapping!

Hello, I was lucky enough to get-away to retreat a couple of weekends ago. I spent a lot of my time working on an album which will be a gift, but I did manage some layouts to share.

These were simply just for fun! The layouts are heavily inspired by the talented Wilna Furstenberg, I do love watching her videos and her use of water colours, just gorgeous. I love it so much, I actually went out & bought myself a large pad of water-colour paper...they are not quite 12x12 so I have also copied her use of patterned paper for the background.


I wanted to replicate the water here with the water-colour paints, which turned out exactly as I wanted it & I love the look.


For this next one, I dipped my paintbrush into the Dylusions mist bottle & painted the colour on...it's just so vibrant, I totally love it! 


For the next one, I had seen Wilna's recent video using the transparency over the top of some scattered leaves & I thought it was such a brilliant idea. I have so much transparency, it's great to pull it out & use it.


This last one was started at a previous retreat where I was simply creating backgrounds. I had used Dylusions paint with my TCW splat stencil, haha which I might add...I totally love. I added some Tim Holtz rub-on's & some extra stamping & essentially it was done!


I'm really pleased with how this one turned out!
Thanks for stopping by! As always, a huge thank you for your lovely comments, I do appreciate the time you take to leave me one x
Happy scrapping!

1 comment:

  1. Gee whizz these are brilliant....love how you've used the inks - & those splats.....that is a fabulous stencil!! Love the colours, too......AND the way you've used the stamping sort of behind it. You must be way pleased with having the time to scrap and how they worked out!!!

    ReplyDelete