Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Meeting Heidi Swapp.

Hello, I hope you enjoyed the Easter break...it was very relaxing here. The rain was the perfect excuse to be a bit lazy :)
Last month while Heidi Swapp was touring Australia, I managed to get myself up to Spotlight to meet her...what a fabulous experience that was, she is simply beautiful in every sense. We completed a little 'make & take', the highlight for me was the shimmery gold 'happy'. Haha I had purchased the 'happy' die the previous week & had put it to use, but seeing it in gold was...wow! I hunted down some shimmery gold cardboard & once home cut a whole heap of words & shapes. Expect to see a bit of gold over the next coming layouts.
Like here...


I had actually done this layout at the last retreat that I went to, just hadn't decided whether to add a title or not. "Happy" suits my boy perfectly & everyone suits gold right ;)
Here is a close up of the texture.


Next is the totally 'Heidi' layout of our morning. Amazing how much HS stuff I have collected over the years, even used some of the packaging.


It was also fabulous to catch up again with the very lovely Kim Jeffress...her creations are simply gorgeous! I love her photography, her clean designs & use of colour. The added highlight of the morning was sharing the experience with my long-time scrapping buddy...gotta treasure moments like this!
Thanks for stopping by...as always, a huge, huge thank you for all your lovely comments. They do mean so much to me & I really appreciate the time you take to leave me one x
Happy scrapping!

2 comments:

  1. These look lovely! and it is such a buzz to meet scrappy friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paula, these are divine! The background texture on the first one looks so amazing close up (I think I neeeed that tiny dot stencil), and as for the HS one...well you had me at "Heidi"! hehe
    And thanks for your reply in my blog, I always think I must scrap slower than anyone in the universe, especially when I see people going to retreats and completing so many!

    ReplyDelete