Thursday, September 18, 2014

Monthly challenges!

Hello, hello...where has this month gone??? Have you seen this months challenge over at HeART & Soul presented by The Color Room...it's certainly a gorgeous palette!


It's not my month as DT to participate, but I loved this palette so much that I had to give it a go. You also needed to include 'toothpicks' somehow. I had great ideas with the toothpicks, but ended up simply using them as flags ;) which I used more like a bunting, rather than flag.


I created the background with Tim Holtz distress paints, which was spread around with a brayer. Check out the amazing creations from the team HERE & have a go!

The challenge over at 123 Challenge Blog is...the colour; khaki, the word 'emphasise' & the technique of hidden journaling.


My full reveal will be posted any day, but in the meantime...here's a sneak ;)


The sneak highlights the hidden journaling which is in an envelope behind the photo mat. I found I didn't have a great deal of khaki in my stash...it ended up a mix of greens, but there is khaki in there I promise ;) If you haven't already seen the rest of the teams inspiration, you'll find it HERE.

Thanks for stopping by, as always...a huge thank you for all your lovely comments. I do appreciate the time you take to leave me one x
Happy scrapping!

3 comments:

  1. Love your pretty layout for the color room, they are great colors together..and your layout for 123 is wonderful.. and hopefully it will go up very soon and we can show our layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look fabulous....sooo different, but each divine in its own way....I do love your sideways toothpick idea! Looks fab...& khaki is YUMMY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your take on the Color Room/Heart & Soul challenge!!

    ReplyDelete