Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Scrap Around the World challenge.

I simply adored the mood board over at Scrap Around The World this month...though I normally do ;) Isn't it gorgeous...


This is my take on the inspiration...


At the recent Delights retreat, a number of the ladies were playing with various 'Bloom' girls. What they did was so inspiring that I had to purchase one myself. Here I've mixed black paint & texture paste together & used with the stencil. I then coloured her in using watered down dylusions & a paint brush. Then with more texture paste & blue dylusions mixed together, I created a paste for the butterflies. This mixture was a bit thin or watery with the dylusions, so the butterflies did 'bleed' a bit. I think I personally prefer the mix of paint & texture paste for next time.

Thanks for stopping by. As always, a huge thank you for all your lovely comments...I do appreciate the time you take to leave me one x
Happy scrapping!
PS. There is still a couple more days to get your entries in for Show Us Your Stuff & 123 Challenge Blog, if you haven't already done so...we'd love to see your take on the challenges.

8 comments:

  1. Lovely page, I do love those Bloom girls, very inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH wow - this is stunning! Thanks for playing along at SATW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW such an inspirational layout Paula. Love love love it. So glad you have joined in with us here at SATW. Cheers Di

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous page! Love the design and the feel of free spirit! Thank you for joining us at SATW this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A bright and happy page. The photo with the long hair is sublime with the stamp. The butterflies add a touch of whimsy and the whole thing is gorgeous :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow !! fabulous layout, I love it !!! Thank you for playing at Scrap Around The World !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous idea using that stencil as a background! I love it! Great colors and lovely photo! All the best from SATW! :)

    ReplyDelete