Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Show us your Stuff April challenge.

The April challenge over @ Show us your Stuff is super yummy!!!

Take inspiration from the following image...let us know what inspired you & remember your handmade item, made by yourself or someone else.


I took inspiration from those delicious circles & colours...


I had previously created the background with texture paste, so it worked perfectly with this challenge. I added the painted circles using distress paints & what is becoming a favourite TCW template...just love circles ;) & if that wasn't enough circles, I added more with a smaller template & ink!
For my handmade item, I thought I would give washi feathers a try. I've been admiring them around the place & they looked super easy to create...which they were!


I created them using the same Tim Holtz tape in the layout, & adding the distress paint used in the layout to each. I loved how they turned out! Below is a close up of that spotted background created using texture paste, paint, distress ink, a touch of water colour crayons & mist :)


Check out the fabulous creations from the other DT here. I do hope you'll give this months challenge a try.
Thanks for stopping by...as always, a huge thank you for all your lovely comments! I do appreciate the time you take to leave me one :)
Happy scrapping!

2 comments:

  1. I love this layout! (And those washi feathers are gorgeous! I MUST make some!) Your interpretation of the challenge is fantastic - you even made me like purple! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SENSATIONAL...looove those feathers...adore those bubbles....& I got a little something in the mail today....THANKYOU.....giggles!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete