Sunday, April 30, 2023

ArtStacks play!

Hello! Today I'm sharing a recent creation for ArtStacks. "Be sure to smell the flowers along the way" has been in the works for a while now, but lucky I was enough to have a weekend at retreat so finally got to finish it.

I had used a fern stencil and paint on the background, I then added a thin music paper (from The Homemaker Cardstack) circle over the top. I had cut the figure from the canvas paper, also from The Homemaker CardStack, and because there was pink on the figure, I wanted to include more. I had some leftover Brown Dressmaking Tissue, again from the same pack, which had pink paint on it, so layered it on. most ended up covered, but it's there. I had the torn strip from Lisa Oxley's Bright & Bold, stuck down too and that was it. I had a break till retreat, where I tried to remember where I was going with this??? I'll confess, I do tend to jump around from page to page, but there isn't normally this much of a break between.

The original stencil used was created by a friend, who had also created leaves to match, so I painted them various greens and cut the 3rd from the green cardstock from Lorraine Haight Moraine Altered Ancestors Pack to add more folage...if felt a little lacking with just the painted background. But it still wasn't right, so I added the tissue paper flowers (Anemones & Friends pack), but I still wanted more pink, so added the pink flowers and butterfly, again from the Anemones & Friends pack. Lastly adding the title and a little bit of journaling.


Pop over to the ArtStacks blog to see the other amazing creations from the rest of the team, they truly are an inspiration!

Thank you for stopping by, it's very much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment