Saturday, November 22, 2014

Scrapping catch-up...

This layout was started at retreat last month, I just had to add finishing touches. The photo was taken by Hirsty Photography...such AMAZING photos! I'm a huge, huge fan of his work, following him on both Facebook & Instagram...LOL I sound like a bit of a stalker, but promise it's all innocent ;) He's inspired me to get myself out there more often & take photos on my camera. I've still got a lot to learn, but as they say...practice makes perfect! Who knows, I may one day take a pic as breathtaking as his :)


This chipboard from WOW was perfect for this photo. I embossed it in gold & added highlights of sunburst H2O's...am now thinking it may have been better embossed in black, but...


Here's a close up of some of the details.

This next layout is another completed at retreat, a very personal one for me...a bit of personal therapy to release & record the past few months. I wanted to keep it simple with lots of white space, keeping the photo in focus with hidden journaling behind on a tag.


Oddly enough, it's photographed rather dark?, it is on a white background & is naturally a bit lighter.
Thanks for stopping by...as always, a huge huge thank you for all your lovely comments! They do mean the world to me & I really appreciate the time you take to leave me one x
Happy scrapping!

8 comments:

  1. Love how these two are so, so different.....love the colours on the top one - they suit the photo [which IS stunning] to perfection:) The 2nd one....I ADORE white space [doesn't mean I can do it easily, but I DO love it!!]....& that film strip & the glasses.....nice touches:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these are stunning.. the back ground in the first one just enhances the photo, a reflection of the sunset and skies.. and love the second one.. great photo and love the design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic. i never get tired....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are beautiful Paula. I love the rich coloured background in the first one but I also adore what you have done in the second one. A total contrast. Both are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the dramatic colours of Sydney Harbour and the pared back simplicity of the tag pages. Thanks for the inspiration :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just saw the top one on Instagram and thought I'd pop by to say how much I love it, and imagine my surprise to see another second beautiful layout! Absolutely gorgeous, both of them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your first layout is every bit as stunning as that photo. And I just like the way the second one looks, pinned it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the design of this last page Paula! Fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete