Wednesday, May 4, 2011

May Scrap the Girls!

Scrap the Girls May challenge is up...scrap a layout based on an important female in your life. Extra criteria: more than 20 words of handwritten journalling.

I instantly knew who I wanted to scrap...my gorgeous & much adored grandma! Though getting this on paper was another issue!!! LOL, boy did I do a lot of paper shuffling & disposing of partly created layouts...I think it was that desire to do it 'perfectly' & uniquely her! This contributes to my colour choice of red, black, navy & white as these were her signature colours. The flower was also created with her in mind & as for the journalling...too easy, I had to edit a lot out, got a lot more for future layouts. I embossed the circles in my 'big shot' after reading this post on Kim's beautiful blog. I've managed to emboss all the die-cuts that I own, but hadn't thought of the humble circle...& I love circles!

Check out the inspirational layouts by the creative team here.



I absolutely loved this challenge & look forward to seeing your important females :)


Thanks for stopping by! A huge thank you for your congratulations & lovely comments regarding my recent addition to the WW1 team...they are very much appreciated x


Happy scrapping!

2 comments:

  1. Paula I love this layout and the sentiment behind it ! I love the embossing and the handmade flower...mmmm it looks familiar LOL !!!

    ReplyDelete